Business signs are built to last, but even these durable materials need some attention to maximize their lifespan. Here are some maintenance tasks that you should know about:
- Groom the vegetation around your outdoor signs – if there are large trees lining the street where your shop is located, regularly inspect and trim them to make sure they do not damage your signs;
- Clean your signs – most materials can be easily cleaned with some soap and water. Perform a thorough inspection and cleaning of your signs in spring and in fall and do little touch-ups whenever necessary, such as after storms or long rainy periods;
- Always replace burst lights promptly – an illuminated sign that has burned-out bulbs is a sad sight. If you notice that one or more of your lights went out, replace them right away;
- Replace damaged signs right away – if you notice that your banners and other signs have become faded, torn or they show the signs of aging in other ways, don’t use them any longer, damaged signs will make your entire company look bad;
- Install a shade over your outdoor signs – a little shade can provide your outdoor signs the protection they need from the sun, the rain and the wind. Have a professional sign company do the sign maintenance for you at https://greyhawksigns.com.