How Long Do Business Signs Last
Business signs, whether used indoor or outdoor, are built to last and to withstand a lot, but their durability depends on many factors. Here are some things that you should know about the lifespan of various materials:
- Vinyl signs – vinyl signage can stand up to a lot and it can be used inside and outside alike. The durability offered by vinyl depends on the type of the material – calendered vinyl lasts for 3-6 years, while cast vinyl can be used for up to 12 years;
- Aluminum signage – the most common types of aluminum used for making signs are coated aluminum and engineering grade reflective aluminum, both staying strong for around 5-7 years, with high-intensity prismatic reflective aluminum and diamond-grade aluminum, offering durability of up to 10 years;
- Wood – with proper maintenance, wooden signage can last for up to 10 years. The most common and most durable wood variety used in signage is cedar;
- Illuminated signage – modern lighted signage uses LED lights, a solution that can offer around 10-11 years or 100,000 hours of uninterrupted operation;
- Acrylic signs – these signs can last for up to a decade when installed inside and around 5 years if used outside and exposed to the elements. A good sign company will provide maintenance services of your business sign to keep it in great condition.